You are currently viewing the old DKCraft forums.
Please visit www.dkcraft.net for our current forums!
Live Map!

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 pm by xDeeKay

The server now has a live map! The map displays the map, chat, and player movement.
To view the live map simply click 'Live Map' on the navigation bar!
Hope you enjoy.

DKCraft SMP

Come play!
IP: mc.dkcraft.net

Mumble

Come chat!
IP: mumble.dkcraft.net
PORT: 65473

Latest topics

» Live Map!
Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 pm by Guest

» Forum Change - Updated
Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 am by xDeeKay

» Forum Change - IMPORTANT UPDATE
Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:58 am by xDeeKay

» Why Can't i Connect?
Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:04 pm by crichton

» SPLEEF
Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 am by TTLego

» HAPPY BIRDAY CRICHTON
Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:06 am by crichton

» please help. REWARD INCLUDED
Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 am by HAYZY8

» I Bid You A Due
Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 pm by crichton

» You will never see me do this again ?
Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:47 pm by impishmonkey

Xbox Or PS3

Poll

Xbox or PS3

[ 3 ]
    38% [38%] 
    [ 5 ]
    62% [62%] 

Total Votes: 8
    l3g1t_bacon

Xbox Or PS3

Post  l3g1t_bacon on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:15 am

L3g1t here,
    wondering what gaming platform you use or prefer! Please post your Platform and Gamertag or PSN ID. (if you play wii or something else please do post!

I'll start now!
    Platform: Xbox (my opinion xbox is better Razz
    Gamertag: L3g1t_Bacon

Last edited by l3g1t_bacon on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo in title)
    Explosm69

Re: Xbox Or PS3

Post  Explosm69 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Very good way to start a flame war Smile
    l3g1t_bacon

Post  l3g1t_bacon on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 pm

I know right. You should hear some of the kids that go to my school.
    deathprize

Post  deathprize on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:12 am

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I have both consoles(ps3 and xbox360), so I'm not really bias to either one. These are merely observations I've made. There are certain aspects that each one out does the other in.

If we're talking hardware-wise, the PS3 is better, hands down. I've had my fat PS3 for almost 4 years now, and I've gotten 3 red ringed Xbox 360's in that time. Also, we can't forget the Blu-ray. Blu-ray is just a better format than DVD-Roms--which is the Disc the Xbox uses. Blu-ray not only has more space, it's also more durable than DVD-R. It has almost a scratch-resistant quality, so the longevity of ps3 games is better then that of the Xbox. One con to blu-ray is that, due to developers being lazy; the Blu-ray's capabilities aren't taken advantage of a lot of the time. DVD-R is far more popular than blu-ray, so a lot of games are simply made for the Xbox and then ported into blu-ray for the PS3; this in turn causes lower quality graphics for multi-platform games on the PS3.

Not to worry, though, The PS3 also has more exclusive games than the Xbox--and by "exclusive," I mean games only released on the PS3. You can clearly see the crisp, high definition capabilities of blu-ray in these games. Uncharted is a great example of this, the visuals are simply stunning.
    -Some examples of these exclusives are: Demon’s Souls, God of War, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Solid 4. Another big factor for a lot of people is that the PS3 has free online.

Speaking of "online," this is a perfect opportunity to transition into the Xbox portion of this already long post. The 360 simply clobbers the PS3 in the online experience, if you ignore the fact you have to pay for it. Actually, because you pay for online, Microsoft most likely makes it a priority to make it good. Xbox live is just more versatile and has more features than PSN. Also, more people own an Xbox in North America, so the community is just better--not to mention the connection is usually great. I've noticed on the PS3 I get connected to people from countries half across the world, which just ruins my ping completely.

All your friends will most likely have an Xbox, too, since it's the popular console. And since the Xbox is the popular Console: multi-platform games usually have better graphics than the PS3. There are some cons to it being the "go to" console, though. The community can be a little "fanboy-ish," and by that I mean they only own a few first person shooters(*cough*callofduty) and never touch any other games.

In conclusion, personally, I prefer the PS3, because of all the amazing titles that are on it. Demon souls being the big one, for me. I'd buy the PS3 just for that game. But.... I have to admit, I do find myself playing the 360 more, because that's what all my friends have--also I like the 360 controller over the PS3, but that's completely due to personal taste. I think you can't go wrong with either console, but if you can, I highly suggest you get both.

Explosm69

Post  Explosm69 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:02 am

Very well said, Death. Smile
    bacon7868

Post  bacon7868 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm

PC Gamer!
    I love Pc games just because you can get mods for almost any game and or make make your own. (makes even the worst games fun!)
    impishmonkey

Post  impishmonkey on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:55 pm

*Tries To Read Death's Post, Fails But Shall Try Later*

I Don't Game Very Much At All. I Only Really Play Minecraft And The Sims Very Happy

Mostly Because You Don't Have To Follow Any Specific Pattern For Either Game. If I Have To Say Something I'd Say I'm A PC Gamer, But A Terrible One. XD

EDIT- *Finally Makes It Through Death's Post* *Relieved Sigh*

lissy4214211
    Operator
    Operator

GAMECUBE

Post  lissy4214211 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:22 am

GAMECUBE i say gamecube over all others!

But if its between those too then XBOX 360 <3
    you pay for xbl for a reason. ps3 got hacked like 3 times already. xbox never! lol
    Skyrim and KOA:reckoning are my fav games on xbox atm since i love RPGs

and i tried just as hard as imp did. but it hurt my brain to much so i had to stop Very Happy

Owner
    Owner

Post  xDeeKay on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:27 am

I prefer PS3 over Xbox 360.
    But I prefer Xbox Live over PSN.
    So my vote goes to PS3.
    lissy4214211
    Operator
    Operator

Post  lissy4214211 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 am

stop it u non xbox belibers. yes belibers. lol. its boring to play games by urself tho. i go on xml even on mine craft cuz i get bored. PSN sucks.

Post  Explosm69 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:18 am

Use reasons on why PS3 "sucks." Wink
    l3g1t_bacon

Post  l3g1t_bacon on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm getting alot of PC gamer replies. I should have expected it i posted it on a micecraft fourm website. lol
    lissy4214211
    Operator
    Operator

Post  lissy4214211 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 pm

i said PSN not ps3. ps3 isn't that bad. but if its talking online then its terrible. free online means crappy protection. play station itself isn't all that bad but 80% of games on ps3 is on the 360. besides, my xbox has lasted years. i hear a lot about ps3 breaking often

Post  l3g1t_bacon on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:35 am

Actually the only reason i own an Xbox is so i can troll kids. CoD S&D : my score 0 and 3, other team leader: 12 and 0, me: U MAD BRO? other kid: ...

IHasABlueberry

Post  IHasABlueberry on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 am

deathprize wrote:I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I have both consoles(ps3 and xbox360), so I'm not really bias to either one. These are merely observations I've made. There are certain aspects that each one out does the other in.

If we're talking hardware-wise, the PS3 is better, hands down. I've had my fat PS3 for almost 4 years now, and I've gotten 3 red ringed Xbox 360's in that time. Also, we can't forget the Blu-ray. Blu-ray is just a better format than DVD-Roms--which is the Disc the Xbox uses. Blu-ray not only has more space, it's also more durable than DVD-R. It has almost a scratch-resistant quality, so the longevity of ps3 games is better then that of the Xbox. One con to blu-ray is that, due to developers being lazy; the Blu-ray's capabilities aren't taken advantage of a lot of the time. DVD-R is far more popular than blu-ray, so a lot of games are simply made for the Xbox and then ported into blu-ray for the PS3; this in turn causes lower quality graphics for multi-platform games on the PS3.

Not to worry, though, The PS3 also has more exclusive games than the Xbox--and by "exclusive," I mean games only released on the PS3. You can clearly see the crisp, high definition capabilities of blu-ray in these games. Uncharted is a great example of this, the visuals are simply stunning.
    -Some examples of these exclusives are: Demon’s Souls, God of War, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Solid 4. Another big factor for a lot of people is that the PS3 has free online.

Speaking of "online," this is a perfect opportunity to transition into the Xbox portion of this already long post. The 360 simply clobbers the PS3 in the online experience, if you ignore the fact you have to pay for it. Actually, because you pay for online, Microsoft most likely makes it a priority to make it good. Xbox live is just more versatile and has more features than PSN. Also, more people own an Xbox in North America, so the community is just better--not to mention the connection is usually great. I've noticed on the PS3 I get connected to people from countries half across the world, which just ruins my ping completely.

All your friends will most likely have an Xbox, too, since it's the popular console. And since the Xbox is the popular Console: multi-platform games usually have better graphics than the PS3. There are some cons to it being the "go to" console, though. The community can be a little "fanboy-ish," and by that I mean they only own a few first person shooters(*cough*callofduty) and never touch any other games.

In conclusion, personally, I prefer the PS3, because of all the amazing titles that are on it. Demon souls being the big one, for me. I'd buy the PS3 just for that game. But.... I have to admit, I do find myself playing the 360 more, because that's what all my friends have--also I like the 360 controller over the PS3, but that's completely due to personal taste. I think you can't go wrong with either console, but if you can, I highly suggest you get both.

Holy mother of God...
    You like typing, dont you? e_e
    deathprize

Post  deathprize on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 pm

IHasABlueberry wrote:

Holy mother of God...
    You like typing, dont you? e_e

You could say that--I wrote that in less than 8 minutes. Anyway, I felt that a one sentence reply wouldn't be fitting for this thread, since "Xbox VS. PS3" tends to be a controversial topic.
    leatherneckjr

Post  leatherneckjr on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:58 am

PS3...xbox.....pc....the true path is here!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 am